Sunday, February 24, 2019

'Cause this is THRILLERR!!!



Hello human creatures!!!
   I told you guys I was going to get annoying, and here it is. I know you guys are annoyed because even I'M annoyed with myself.
     But the OG ones wouldn't mind and keep on reading.
   So topic of today is: GENRE DECISION.
   Yay!
    So I'm not sure I mentioned in any blog posting earlier, but yes I have a partner for my film opening. Her name is Daniela and she's alright I guess... JUST KIDDING! Daniela is my partner for the portfolio project and my friend, a "BFF', if you will. She's a model... seriously.
    We discussed today on what the genre should be and we both brought two ideas to the table. I brought horror of course (because I'm a scorpio duh), which she immediately turned down. So rude...
   However, we compromised and decided to do...
   ready..
   I don't think you guys are ready...
   Okay fine...
   We decided to do...
       THRILLER 
    Many Thrillers include a protagonist, who would obviously be introduced in our opening scene, with kind of a slow tempo in the beginning, but definitely not boring. In our film opening it would be a blend of thrillers conventions and basic opening scene conventions. 
    Use of close ups and extreme close ups of the protagonist are used frequently in thrillers, and will be used in our opening. 
     In very popular film, Split. 
  The audience is immediately introduced with a medium shot of the protagonist. Split is. by far my favorite example of a thriller film. The opening is fantastic and although it isn't a "slow tempo" like most thrillers, it still follows many conventions. 
    What me and my partner decided to do is use a a load of irony in our film opening. The soundscape and the actual visual content will not match. The audio would be disastrous while the visual is graceful. Close ups will be used and smiles and natural light. All the elements that the eyes of the audience will feel calm, but their ears will be distressed. 
   With this technique, it will captivate our audience and get their full attention from the absolute beginning. 
         Well my human creatures, It's time to part our ways as I leave my keyboard and you your screen. I hope I wasn't too annoying. Thank you guys (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

To watch my CCR click here If there's any trouble, click here instead